View Full Version : sending a js window.open link in an email HELP

glenn.php
06-18-2008, 01:04 PM
i've put together a Flash e-card where the message posted in the e-card is done so using GET method; the client wants the window that contains the e-card to be sized and NOT resizable, so i'm guessing i have to call a popup window with javascript; a link to the ecard is sent in an email to the recipient; normally the link that is sent would look like

...domain.com/public/file.php?message=variableValue

what i need to figure out is how to get that variable into a javascript window.open(); link that's sent in an email, or otherwise how to call a nonresizable browser window, WITH the variable, from an email.

anybody have an idea? -

Sincere thanks
Glenn

abduraooft
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
I think, you need to put a direct link using an anchor tag, as most of the emails block active scripts.

Philip M
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Does anyone in their right mind accept e-cards? I thought they were infested with viruses etc.

glenn.php
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks for your reply -

that's what i was afraid of - so i could possibly send a link to an alternate page includuding the variable, and then call the popup window with a js function in that page?

could you possibly show me how to automatically open a popup window like onload="" or something? i can catch the variable with php and then figure out how to get it into the js, i guess...

i'd appreciate the help. js isn't my thing.

GN

I think, you need to put a direct link using an anchor tag, as most of the emails block active scripts.

glenn.php
06-18-2008, 01:42 PM
:o) - yeah, right???

this is a private thing between some CNN people:

http://thecodedepot.com/ecard/file.php?message=a%20private%20ecard

Does anyone in their right mind accept e-cards? I thought they were infested with viruses etc.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum