View Full Version : Avatars..

Vijo
06-18-2008, 07:23 AM
Why isn't everyone (say 5posts + and 1 week in membership) allowed an Avatar?
I dont see why we have to wait 3 months and have over 100 (or is that 300) posts!

Vijo :)

FWDrew
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Im not sure either, probably just a benefit to sticking around the forum :)

Is Vijo the new Wifeee 3.0?!

Drew

VIPStephan
06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I like the fact that not every kid that has been here for five days can annoy us with an ugly avatar. Sometimes less is more, I say.

liorean
06-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I'd actually prefer it if nobody was allowed avatars. They add quite a lot of vertical space to short posts, and if there's say four short replies in a thread in a row, and all of the posters have avatars, then they're still going to be spread out over more vertical space than fits on screen.

abduraooft
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Um... now a days, the Skype icon(under Avtar) is also missing, and it's showing the long alt value instead.

VIPStephan
06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Um... now a days, the Skype icon(under Avtar) is also missing, and it's showing the long alt value instead.

Not for me. Maybe you’re experiencing one of those common internet anomalies?

abduraooft
06-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Not for me. Maybe you’re experiencing one of those common internet anomalies?What's that? any cure?

Inigoesdr
06-18-2008, 05:27 PM
What's that? any cure?
Start with a diagnosis. What is causing the problem? (I don't have it either)

oracleguy
06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I like the fact that not every kid that has been here for five days can annoy us with an ugly avatar.

Basically that's the idea.

abduraooft
06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Start with a diagnosis. What is causing the problem? (I don't have it either)
Please have a look at the screen shot, I see the alt tag value. (tested in FF2 and Opera9)

oesxyl
06-18-2008, 05:53 PM
Please have a look at the screen shot, I see the alt tag value. (tested in FF2 and Opera9)
probably the domain is blocked mystatus.skype.com

works for me too: http://mystatus.skype.com/smallicon/liorean

look for extension that can block the domain in ffox, and about opera, blocking image or how they named now.

regards

logictrap
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM
There is an option in the user settings to disable the display of avatars. I haven't tried though...

I'd actually prefer it if nobody was allowed avatars. They add quite a lot of vertical space to short posts, and if there's say four short replies in a thread in a row, and all of the posters have avatars, then they're still going to be spread out over more vertical space than fits on screen.

liorean
07-15-2008, 07:43 PM
There is an option in the user settings to disable the display of avatars. I haven't tried though...Well, even so, I'm a staff member. I don't have anybody on my ignore list and I don't turn off any display property of the forums - so that I can see what other users of the forum see and catch anybody breaking the rules.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum