View Full Version : Logo

mlmorg
06-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi,

I'm not very good with web design layouts/design...I'm more of a coder. But I'm trying to redesign my website but am really at a loss on how to make the site design look great. I was hoping to ask you all and see if anyone can give me some pointers/ideas on what to do. If someone gave you this logo:

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~mlm440/logo.jpg

and told you to make a website design from it...how would you go about it? For some reason I find it really hard to incorporate that image because it's an awkward size and everywhere I put it, the top left, center middle, etc. it all seems a little off.

If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing. And if anyone wants more information then please ask.

Thanks,

Matt

Millenia
06-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, where to incorporate is? I'd definitely say to the far right of the screen, the further right the better!
Maybe having a menu that below it and spans the whole width. Maybe adding some random content at the top left, but not too much.
Then just work downwards with whatever you want, maybe keeping the whole this way up theme in it. Like have an arrow like the logo dotted around and incorporated in other things.

Just some thoughts.

gnomeontherun
06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
You could really take that logo and use the flow it provides: rounded bottom and square top. I wouldn't be overly concerned with making everything fit with it anyways, if the top part of the page fits the branding set a new style that compliments.

Vijo
06-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Yes, rounded edges, like on Jeremy's avatar, would suit that logo, then on the header would look even better!
Its better than I can do, I always end up copying people :(

sTyleSHA
07-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi,

I'm not very good with web design layouts/design...I'm more of a coder. But I'm trying to redesign my website but am really at a loss on how to make the site design look great. I was hoping to ask you all and see if anyone can give me some pointers/ideas on what to do. If someone gave you this logo:

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~mlm440/logo.jpg

and told you to make a website design from it...how would you go about it? For some reason I find it really hard to incorporate that image because it's an awkward size and everywhere I put it, the top left, center middle, etc. it all seems a little off.

If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing. And if anyone wants more information then please ask.

Thanks,

Matt
hi, your logo appears similar (in shape) to the one found in the site www.infoskillconsulting.com designed by me. I suggest you to use it in the banner if you want it as a square shape logo with the black background. If you want the shape alone then using at the top left or right (a little below) may be appealing. Can have a look at simple and effective design of www.dibusoft.com

binaryWeapon
07-28-2008, 07:08 PM
hi, your logo appears similar (in shape) to the one found in the site www.infoskillconsulting.com designed by me. I suggest you to use it in the banner if you want it as a square shape logo with the black background. If you want the shape alone then using at the top left or right (a little below) may be appealing. Can have a look at simple and effective design of www.dibusoft.com

Which logo from infoskillconsulting are you reffering to? The only one I see is this,
http://www.infoskillconsulting.com/images/leftbanner.jpg
Which doesn't look the the one that the OP presented at all. :confused:

Moodle
08-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I think it's a sneeky way to advertise..

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum