View Full Version : Ice Faces

brad211987
06-12-2008, 11:16 PM
I was just curious if anyone here has used Ice Faces for web development in Java. I am using it for a current client for my first time, and have found it easy and quite useful so far. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

If you're curious, its a free set of Java libraries that extend the functionality of Java Server Faces and do quite a few UI tricks very easily. Demos under the resource section.
Home page here: http://www.icefaces.org/main/home/index.jsp

Also a second question from curiosity, what development environments do you use for Java Web development? Currently using MyEclipse myself.

malfist
06-13-2008, 07:39 PM
NetBeans all the way! No, I've never used IceFaces. However, I don't do much server stuff with java.

Aradon
06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I use Eclipse simply for the fact that netbeans wouldn't let me see more then one error in my java code.

I probably was doing it wrong, but who knows.

malfist
06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
You do know that a java program stops executing at the first error that isn't handled.

Aradon
06-14-2008, 05:05 PM
You do know that a java program stops executing at the first error that isn't handled.

You do know that a good IDE should be able to highlite all my errors in java code and just not the top error. For example:

public lass myErrors
{

public static void main(String args[])
{
int myVar;
myVar = "omgwth";
}
}

In netbeans the only error that would show is the "public lass" one and not the myVar = "omgwth"; one.

While eclipse will show both as errors. And by show, I might add I meant underlined red.

malfist
06-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Netbeans will show all your syntax errors, it should show that too.

brad211987
06-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I've had the same problem with Netbeans 5 in the past. Netbeans 6 seemed to work well for me but I still prefer eclipse over anything else so far. I'm relatively new to web development using Java, so the easy integration of tools like Ant, Maven, and frameworks like struts and JSF have kept me in eclipse.

Aradon
06-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Not to mention it's great default osgi plugin framework it has.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum