View Full Version : Joomla! Bandwidth Question

06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm going to make a site using Joomla. There will most likely be several users, depending on how popular the site gets. There could be several administrators, and I'm using a custom-made template. How much bandwidth should I allow for? Just a general estimate would be great, and in the end I'm probably going to get a little more than I need, just to be safe.

06-12-2008, 04:08 PM
With my site: http://www.wifeee.com/ I have used nearing 978mb. Mearly because of all the scripts I have installed :)

Hope that helps

06-12-2008, 04:09 PM
If you're starting off with just "several" users I wouldn't worry about bandwidth at all for now. It's going to be relatively tiny. Launch, see how it gets used and base future estimates on that.

06-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Its more about how heavy your template is. If you get a light template, you should expect no more than any other website really. Joomla is fast, in its basic form. I guess I don't know a number, its really hard to guess.

06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
And it's depend from that what you will do with that page? If you host files like music and etc. You'll need more bw.. And if you use it only for news and etc. then do not worry about bw..