View Full Version : Calculus: Integrating with Javascript

britchick
06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm writing a script for a mathematics statistics class that will show students how the normal distribution works (using z tables). In order to get the script to work I either need to code the z tables manually (big pain) or find some javascript tool that will integrate a function (by integration, I mean the integration one does in calculus).

Does anyone know if Javascript can do integration? If so could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Philip M
06-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I suggest you Google for Math object, e.g.

http://javascript.about.com/library/blmath.htm

which give full details of the Javascript Math object and Math methods.

I suspect that Javascript is not able to do calculus or integration, though.

oesxyl
06-11-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm writing a script for a mathematics statistics class that will show students how the normal distribution works (using z tables). In order to get the script to work I either need to code the z tables manually (big pain) or find some javascript tool that will integrate a function (by integration, I mean the integration one does in calculus).

Does anyone know if Javascript can do integration? If so could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Stephanie
if Philip M suggestion don't give results you can try to implement something using a numeric integration alghoritm but for that the function must meet some condition. I also suggest, if you find such a library, to make extensive test to see how accurate is.
In my opinion the table method is better, accurate and faster, :).

thank you for link, Philip M
regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum