PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2 Fansite Review

BabyJack
06-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey, I am ready for my site review! The only pages working is the Forum, Guestbook, Search, Registration and login.

Please post your comments here.

binaryWeapon
06-11-2008, 08:03 PM
You should probably put a link to the site in your post, even though its in your sig as well.

Design:
- Your logo clashes with the design on the site
- I love that design, glad to see that you got it
- Seems like it need a little more contrast between the text color and the bg color

Technical:
- Plenty of validation errors
- Lines 29-44 are all nested wrapper divs, a little bit of tag soup there ;). Hundreds of div tags are also littered throughout the code, although I know you got that template from a site. You have approximately 126 div tags, including end tags.
- Not only do you have an extra couple of kilobytes in divs, the template uses nested tables as well.
- The template also uses plenty of HTML that could be accomplished with a little CSS, ie center, font, etc.

Apostropartheid
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
The headings look really odd...
And I agree about the logo. It's simply clashing.

BabyJack
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
What headings, and yes. I agree the logo clashes. I just have no idea how to design it :(

jcdevelopment
06-12-2008, 12:01 AM
your live chat is echoing an error, you may want to look into it.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/missings/public_html/wifee/components/com_shoutit/shoutit.php on line 62

BWiz
06-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Your design: I don't think it suits the Sims. I love the Sims - or at least I used to (now I love Mass Effect and NFS ProStreet =) ), but I just don't feel the Sims atmosphere in this design. I think you should try something else.

Try using the colors green, silver and gold - the colors of the aspiration meter. (Though, now that I picture it - It may look odd). My point is -do something which is connected to the Sims. Right now, I feel that your design just doesn't reflect the Sims, and thats something you want if you are creating a fan site.

To go off on a tangent;
That design - did you do it all by yourself? I have to admit, it's actually very nice. You need to tell me how you did the background animation with the navigational links: JavaScript?

BabyJack
06-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Try using the colors green, silver and gold - the colors of the aspiration meter. (Though, now that I picture it - It may look odd). My point is -do something which is connected to the Sims. Right now, I feel that your design just doesn't reflect the Sims, and thats something you want if you are creating a fan site.
The banner, which is coming soon is going to include sims stuff =] Maybe it will reflect the sims.

To go off on a tangent;
That design - did you do it all by yourself? I have to admit, it's actually very nice. You need to tell me how you did the background animation with the navigational links: JavaScript?

1. No. :)
2. Background animation: I made it, because it wasn't included in the pack, for some strange reason. :S

your live chat is echoing an error, you may want to look into it.

Quote:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/missings/public_html/wifee/components/com_shoutit/shoutit.php on line 62
Ive been working on this chat for ages. I cannot seem to get it to work!

Mwnciau
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Ive been working on this chat for ages. I cannot seem to get it to work!

Open a thread in the PHP forums, my guess is that what you put in the foreach isn't an array.

kosstr12
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I don't see the link.

Mwnciau
06-12-2008, 09:52 PM
In his sig, Wifeee.com (http://www.wifeee.com)

kosstr12
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
In his sig, Wifeee.com (http://www.wifeee.com)

Oh, ok, thanks

EDIT: I don't like the "basic" look of the text.

Millenia
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
It's a nice site, but when I think of The Sims, and a Sims fansite, I would expect a Sims based design. Your site (Even though I think it's beautiful) has nothing to do with the Sims. If you want me to comment on the design, then I really like it, although the logo could do with being changed, something about it looks wrong. Maybe incorporate some Sims pictures or something?