View Full Version : 2 New Forum suggestions

BabyJack
06-10-2008, 06:52 PM
1. CMS (Content Management Systems)
2. Off Topic

oracleguy
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
We already have an off topic forum. You just don't have access to it yet, you have be around here for 3 or more months.

BabyJack
06-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh OK.
Then thoughts on the CMS forum?

WA
06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Hmm not sure about a CMS forum. Sparse questions on which CMS is best etc can already be posted in the "General Web Building" forum. This is a coding forums after all, and CMS is not a language.

BabyJack
06-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Its worth it, because many sites use Joomla, the favourite CMS. =]

gnomeontherun
06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I raised this question in the other thread started about Flex forums. Now that I think about it more though, BabyJack is the main perpetrator when it comes to Joomla questions...

BabyJack
06-10-2008, 08:14 PM
BabyJack is the main perpetrator when it comes to Joomla questions...
^^, lol.

VIPStephan
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
If I recall correctly there is a forum for each CMS on each CMSs website (e.g. Joomla has a Joomla forum, CMSmadesimple has a CMSms forum, vBulletin has a vBulletin forum, etc.). The people there are probably much more savvy with CMS specific knowledge than anyone here (if not using the specific CMS as well).

So, to conclude: There’s nothing that a CMS forum here can do better than the specific support forums of each software on their websites.

derzok
06-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I think it would be better if it were more open-ended. Not just for CMS's but a forum for editing/modding CMS, BBS, and ecommerse, and other professionally written code. There are a bunch of applications that would fall into this - not just things like Drupal and Joomla but things like vbulletin, phpbb, OSCommerse, phpMyAdmin, and all those other big ones.

But like someone else said - most of those websites already have a forum for their product - one that could yield more expert information than we could.

Fou-Lu
06-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Hmm not sure about a CMS forum. Sparse questions on which CMS is best etc can already be posted in the "General Web Building" forum. This is a coding forums after all, and CMS is not a language.

Totally with WA. CMS is not a languge and any code offering should be placed in the language its written in and hope that other people have used it. Otherwise we have a category thats meant for CMS' that has hundreds of threads about the same kinds of CMS'. A searching nightmare. Besides, if its a non-technical question about the product, the correct place to post this would be at the forums of the developers for the software.

Just noticed VIPStephans post. Thats what I was getting at as well, leave it to the developers.

jcdevelopment
06-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I would also like the idea, if they decide to of course, is ontop of flex 3, can there be a sub forum of AS3? (ActionScript3) Or atleast one in Flash.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum