View Full Version : Mencoder for linux

kehers
06-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Can someone please help on getting mencoder for linux. I run on Windows but need mencoder for linux for an online work on a linux server. Checked out their site but couldnt get much from it as I'm not into compiling stuffs myself...
Hoping for a help...Thanks

oesxyl
06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Can someone please help on getting mencoder for linux. I run on Windows but need mencoder for linux for an online work on a linux server. Checked out their site but couldnt get much from it as I'm not into compiling stuffs myself...
Hoping for a help...Thanks
for what distro?

regards

kehers
06-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Probably a link to a source or probably an attachment here...

oesxyl
06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Probably a link to a source or probably an attachment here...
I don't understant. if you can't compile or even if you can you need to know for what linux distribution you need, debian, fedora, centos, ubuntu, ....
to make things clear:
- for what linux distribution you need mencoder?
- do you need source package to compile yourself or need a binary package just to unpack on the server?

and yes, probably a link in this thread is the way we can do, but first we must know what link, :)

regards

kehers
06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
The linux distribution is Red Hat...
Just need a binary package to unpack (hope that's as simple as it sounds) on the server...

oesxyl
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
The linux distribution is Red Hat...
Just need a binary package to unpack (hope that's as simple as it sounds) on the server...
Red Hat is dead from few years and was replaced, if I'm not wrong, with Centos.

try this for redhat 9:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1324323/com/mplayer-mencoder-1.0-0.lvn.0.12.pre4.rh90.i386.rpm.html

redhat 8.x:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/1324315/com/mplayer-mencoder-1.0-0.lvn.0.12.pre4.rh80.i386.rpm.html

I hope this will help you.

regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum