View Full Version : Does W3C help in ranking?

website_seo
06-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Well i am thinking about making my website W3C validated. Although it will help in making my website error free ,but i wonder whether any other benefit it gives:rolleyes:

oracleguy
06-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Usually makes your code easier to work on since it will be consistent and clean.

gnomeontherun
06-06-2008, 09:29 PM
It also probably helps to reduce some of the excess code, meaning its easier for the crawlers to index you. And they don't have to guess what your page is about if the code is correct.

NancyJ
06-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Valid code by does not automatically mean your code is clean and free from excess - you can write horrendous tag soup that is perfectly valid.
(eg. font tags and nested tabled layouts can validate - doesn't mean its good code)

Making your code clean and semantic will have much more of a positive impact than making it validate, of course theres no validator for that.

But specific to your situation, how much positive benefit there is to gain depends on what your errors are. If they're mostly, for example using & instead of & the benefit will be minimal. Equally, if you're using an xhtml doctype and have uppercase tags, changing them to lowercase will have no real effect (other than making your code look nicer ;))
If your errors are unclosed/mismatched tags or an incorrect doctype then its more likely that validating will be beneficial.

abduraooft
06-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Read http://www.boagworld.com/technology/semantic_code_what_why_how/

website_seo
06-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Hmm, thanx for the info ,i'll see how many errors does W3c is able to pic on my website:cool:

demtron
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM
I agree with Nancy J. The nature of the problems W3C finds may lend themselves to better crawling and ranking. In terms of bang-for-the-buck, this is probably one of the least effective ways. However, W3C validation will do something far more important... provide a level of insurance that your pages will display well across browser versions and not turn away visitors. W3C is not a guarantee, just insurance.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum