View Full Version : 10 Absolute "Nos!" for Freelancers

binaryWeapon
06-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I found this article while *wasting time*. It's helpful for newby freelancers (like me... :p).

http://www.wakeuplater.com/freelance-lessons/10-absolute-nos-for-freelancers.aspx

FWDrew
06-04-2008, 01:53 AM
I read that awhile ago and it was nice to go through it again, that site in general is a great reference :)

Drew

o0O0o.o0O0o
06-04-2008, 01:57 AM
I've even known someone who had a client call about his cell phone functionality just because my friend hosted his site

ha ha ... that was cool
I don't want clients to call me stating why their cell phone battery only last for few hours because i hosted their site :D

oracleguy
06-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Number 2 is a good one. So is Number 9; if someone comes to you needing a rush, always charge more. It prevents the exact behavior discussed, they won't abuse the fact that you helped them once to get out of a jam.

If you don't follow the tip on IM, at least have a seperate set of IM accounts. That way when you aren't working or don't care to be bothered, you can just log off or go invisible.

NancyJ
06-04-2008, 09:19 AM
I always give clients my MSN - otherwise they'd want my phone number or skype (which I don't have)
I find the little bling my msn makes is 100 times less annoying that the sound of the phone ringing plus I don't have to get up to answer my msn ;)

Angie1313
06-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I love the phone calls at 9 at night asking me to change one word from a page I created two months ago...thats my favorite

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum