View Full Version : Builder.node help - please advise

BrightNail
05-28-2008, 10:36 PM
hello,

I am seemingly having issues with IE and onclicks and building dynamic href's and such. SO, I am just gonna build it with builder.node.

This is where I need help because the content that needs building is mixed.

here is the actual content. how do I build this. I will show what I have, and what is needed.

var linkBuild = Builder.node('tr',{id:'postmessage'},[
Builder.node('td', {},
['[&#37; dynamic_app_content +%] ' + currpageselects.total() + ' [%+ dynamic_app_content %]</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;'),
Builder.node('a', {
id:'alleventselected',
javascript:'void(0);',
onclick:'addallitemstocart()',
className: 'cursorHand'
}, ['[%+ dynamic_app_content +%]' + allFilterlength + ' [%+ dynamic_app_content +%]'] ),
Builder.node('a', {
href:'javascript:setFilterEdits(\'none\')',
className: 'cursorHand'},['[% dynamic_app_content %]']),
]

]);

this is what I want it to be when viewed (if one could view source).

<tr id="postmessage"><td>Do you want 10 items? Some content is generated here <a href="javascript:void(0)" onClick="addallitemstocart();">select all 10</a> to be add to this cart.&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="javascript:dosomething()">this is the last link</a></td></tr>

So basically, my issue is mixing regular text with links in the "builder".

Please advise.

Kor
06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
We have no idea what the constructor Builder.node() might do, as it is not in the javascript core. That is probably a custom method built inside some framework or javascript library, but if it is custom, we need to see that constructor function (prototype).

This is the main disadvantage of using a framework/library. You will never now what one custom constructor function or another really do unless a long and exhausting search within thousands and thousands lines of codes.

this is what I want it to be when viewed (if one could view source).

This is rather obsolete. You should HTML see this:

<tr id="postmessage"><td>Do you want 10 items? Some content is generated here <a href="#" onclick="addallitemstocart();return false">select all 10</a> to be add to this cart.&nbsp;&nbsp;|&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="#" onclick="dosomething();return false">this is the last link</a></td></tr>

FJbrian
06-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Brightnail,
Is that yahoo YUI? Ext.js?

I've seen builder.node and can't recall where it's from

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum