View Full Version : Help me think of a domain name !!

wap3
02-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Ok to start with if this is not allowed or in the wrong place then move it or say and I will delete it.

My problem is I am trying to think of a domain name for my personal / freelance web site. I know most people get stuck on this part, especially me right now. I have been trying to think of something for ages.

Now what I was wondering is if anyone would like to try and help me think of a name I would be very greatful. I have a list of words which might inspire you to think of something. Everthing I think of is already taken.

Anyway it would have to be somebody I know on here cos I want to know I can trust them with what I have so far.

If anyone is generous enough to help please let me know.

cheers . .

:thumbsup:

Borgtex
02-03-2003, 06:15 PM
not enough information... but well, if you say that it's a personal/freelance page... IamHereOnline.com it's available ;)

brothercake
02-03-2003, 06:25 PM
"Domain names are like [wo]men ... the ones I like are already taken ..."

Anyway - a good approach is to take two words which aren't commonly associated together - eg "spoonfish.com" or "rubberguitar.com" or whatever - you end up with something that's catchy and easy to remember, but also likely to be still available :)

I recently registered "imthedaddynow.com" ... I'm thinking nothing but a picture of Ray Winston holding a sock ... :rolleyes:

Borgtex
02-03-2003, 08:14 PM
for some inspiration, you can try:
http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/advanced.html

ionsurge
02-03-2003, 08:34 PM
That would be a great solution for countdown...

cg9com
02-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by brothercake

Anyway - a good approach is to take two words which aren't commonly associated
some words you should avoid though, like i dunno "brother" and "cake" together, that wouldnt be any good *grins*

brothercake
02-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ionsurge
That would be a great solution for countdown...

Aha! Another Countdown fan in our midst; there aren't too many of us left who remember Carol Vorderman before she was a media tart ;) Do you like 15-1 as well? My Dad's been in the grand final twice!

Anyway, you might like this (http://www.brothercake.com/games/countdown.php) :D

cg9com - well, what can I say? I practise what I preach ...

cg9com
02-03-2003, 09:10 PM
hehe

ionsurge
02-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by brothercake
this (http://www.brothercake.com/games/countdown.php) :D

Ah ha, not compatible with IE... :rolleyes:

brothercake
02-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by ionsurge
Ah ha, not compatible with IE... :rolleyes:

As far as I know, it *only* works in IE .....

ionsurge
02-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Okay, I will try it in IE... (sluggishly opens up the worst and slowed browser on earth... apart from Mozilla that is)

ionsurge
02-04-2003, 12:40 PM
haha that is so kewl...!

<-- plays countdown...

ronaldb66
02-04-2003, 01:17 PM
Borgtex,

great suggestion! It takes a while to get the feel of the possibilities, but if anyone's looking for a really clever name, this might be a good one.
I tried anagrams of "a colorful site" with max. two words, and some nice suggestions might be:

FORTALICE SOUL
OSCILLATE FOUR
SECTORIAL FOUL
SOCIETAL FLUOR
COALS FLUORITE or better:
FLUORITE COALS which it strange enough did find itself;
FRAIL CLOSEOUT
ARTFUL COOLIES (very nice!)
FLAT COLOURISE (ain't that strange...)
TALL FEROCIOUS

Happy experimenting!

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum