View Full Version : Site Review Rules Suggestions

BabyJack
05-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Hey! I think this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if it was possible for these to be put into place:

Site MUST Validate (unless it's just for the design)
Only Regular Coders + may post site reviews

Any more?
Post them here.eeee..jdsf.

rafiki
05-25-2008, 03:14 PM
What? Why? Where? When? How? Who?

Apostropartheid
05-25-2008, 03:33 PM
I disagree. There are certain instances where a little invalidity is acceptable form. They are few and far between, but it's true.
What if I just want a review on a design?
Newer contributers to the forum are perfectly entitled to their opinions.
The color green is a subject. Google doesn't have much subject matter apart from other people's. Maybe people like the color green. miaow. What about cats?

Inigoesdr
05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't think any of these suggested requirements should be put into place. The only one I would consider is the "Only Regular Coders + may post site reviews", and I don't think there's enough of a problem with people posting spam(or whatever the reason) to justify that. The rest are subject to opinion, and I don't they're reasonable.

oracleguy
05-25-2008, 08:20 PM
The only one I'd be remotely interested in adding is number 3 but as Inigoesdr said there isn't enough of a spam problem to warrant that restriction right now.

liorean
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
1. Site MUST ValidateValidation is a road towards an end, not the ultimate goal. I've talked a bit about user centricity here - the user is all that matters, not the validator.
2. Site MUST be completeThere's an old programming adage that say no notrivial program is ever finished. With the possible exception of TeX. Same goes for websites.
3. Only Regular Coders + may post site reviewsI'm sympathetic to this, but if the staff that deal with it (I stopped reading that forum long ago) think spam levels are reasonable, then there's no reason to add this restriction.
4. Site MUST have some sort of genre. IE. A site about the colour green should be discardedOne can make a very good site about single topics such as the colour green, if one takes it seriously. (Or humourously, or poetically, or metaphorically...)

All of them: Voted down.

WA
05-25-2008, 11:27 PM
3) seems like the only one that's potentially feasible down the road. I haven't noticed too much spam in that forum either- spammers tend to fire without aiming for a specific forum.

binaryWeapon
05-26-2008, 05:32 AM
I agree with liorean. The only comment I want to add is:

2. Site MUST be complete If they're asking for a review, that means they're open to feedback and ready to change their design/codes/etc. Getting a site reviewed is just one step in the development process, just like sending a book to an editor is one step towards getting a book published.

And BTW,
... eeee..jdsf. Say what???

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum