View Full Version : Google doesn't obey Web Standards.

BabyJack
05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi. I have recently noticed that google do not obey the web standards.
With my other thread, 'Google has no Doctype :S'. I have decided to explore google's source.

I have noticed that they use iFrames:

..."iframe":"DIV");e.frameBorder="0";e.scrolling="no";e.src="#";g[7].parentNode.appendChild(e).id="gbi";if(j&&g[7])for(n in j){k=i.createElement("span");k.appendChild(j[n]);g[7].parentNode.insertBefore(k,g[7]).className="gb2"}i.onclick=c.close}while(b=g[++m]){if(f){l(b.style,f+1,d+25);d+=b.firstChild.tagName=="DIV"?9:20}if(b.className=="gb...

Tables..:

<table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr valign=top><td width=25&#37;>&nbsp;</td><td align=center nowrap><input name=

No Doctype...:

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><title>Google<...

and many more.
Lets just hope Spookster doesn't visit this thread :)

Apostropartheid
05-23-2008, 04:08 PM
1) iframes are only deprecated in HTML 4.01 & XHTML 1.0 Strict, and will be brought back in HTML5. Gods know why, but it’s useful for things like their ads and iGoogle.
2) If they don’t have a DTD, it’s unlikely they’re going to use semantic markup, either…

binaryWeapon
05-24-2008, 12:38 AM
3) This topic has been brought up many times before (and even a almost a year ago when I had brought it up, even then it had been brought up many times before)

I didn't realize they used iframes, though.

oesxyl
05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi. I have recently noticed that google do not obey the web standards.
With my other thread, 'Google has no Doctype :S'. I have decided to explore google's source.

I have noticed that they use iFrames:

..."iframe":"DIV");e.frameBorder="0";e.scrolling="no";e.src="#";g[7].parentNode.appendChild(e).id="gbi";if(j&&g[7])for(n in j){k=i.createElement("span");k.appendChild(j[n]);g[7].parentNode.insertBefore(k,g[7]).className="gb2"}i.onclick=c.close}while(b=g[++m]){if(f){l(b.style,f+1,d+25);d+=b.firstChild.tagName=="DIV"?9:20}if(b.className=="gb...

Tables..:

<table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0><tr valign=top><td width=25&#37;>&nbsp;</td><td align=center nowrap><input name=

No Doctype...:

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><title>Google<...

and many more.

seems you missunderstand some things, :)

regards

liorean
05-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Google uses *what works*, not *what is ideologically better*. Google's advanced services don't succumb to the same rules, but for the search engine and advertisement, I think Google still have NN3 and IE3 in their support grid.

Bill Posters
05-24-2008, 11:49 PM
1) iframes are only deprecated in XHTML
Iframes were deprecated in HTML 4.01 for Strict and are no more/less valid in XHTML 1.x.

Apostropartheid
05-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Iframes were deprecated in HTML 4.01 for Strict and are no more/less valid in XHTML 1.x.
Edited to reflect.

hey, man. May i have a question? May i post a message to you?
What on gods' earth?

BabyJack
05-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by heybabylover
hey, man. May i have a question? May i post a message to you?
What on gods' earth?
Presicely :S

Angie1313
05-27-2008, 06:15 PM
I think Google feels as though, this is what we are going to do and if you don't like it, tough S**T

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum