View Full Version : Is it possible and what is the technical name

tommyjon
05-21-2008, 03:31 PM
I have coded a web site on a CD for family genealogy. I want to stay as simple as possible using only CSS and DIV to preclude browser problems for my family audience that are very very noice computer users.

I would like to learn how to :: add movies (vob type) to the site using a standalone program (non registering) on the CD to execute the clip and return control to html. I want the CD to have the standalone program instead of relying on the end users computer. Is this possible and what are the technical names to describe it, so I can do the searching on FAQs and Posts to learn "how to".

Is this possible without using javascript, flash, or other such ?

thanks in advance
tommy :)

jcdevelopment
05-21-2008, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately i dont know of any stand-alones to install on a CD that will display a movie on another users platform. I do believe the best way is to possibly use Flash, or there is a multimedia program still around called, "Director". It uses the shockwave program and will play the video. Possibly someone else knows a better suggestion.

tommyjon
05-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply.

Let me clarify. I have the stand alone program to place on the CD. What I need to learn is how to call it from html, pass it the video to play, and then return.

thanks
tommy

jcdevelopment
05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
which program do you have?

tommyjon
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Lalim Dvd Player Lite 1.0.2

is my current choice but that may change as I look around at other standalones.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum