View Full Version : Clipboard

Ricky158
05-15-2008, 10:59 AM
I want a small self-explanatory clipboard icon to serve as a button so the user would simply click the icon and the text would be copied to the system's clipboard. I've browsed various icons, but I wanted to get some help finding the right one. In this scenario, would the right clipboard be one with a checkmark, an X, a pencil, or an arrow pointing in or out? I was thinking the pencil, but I'm not sure, hence this thread. Any help?

Spudhead
05-15-2008, 02:10 PM
I'd have said an arrow pointing in. But I'd probably get what a pencil meant, too.

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-15-2008, 07:27 PM
I want a small self-explanatory clipboard icon to serve as a button so the user would simply click the icon and the text would be copied to the system's clipboard. I've browsed various icons, but I wanted to get some help finding the right one. In this scenario, would the right clipboard be one with a checkmark, an X, a pencil, or an arrow pointing in or out? I was thinking the pencil, but I'm not sure, hence this thread. Any help?

Be aware that copying to the clipboard only works in IE.

Ricky158
05-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Be aware that copying to the clipboard only works in IE.
I was going to do it in Adobe Flex, so I don't think browser will make a difference.

gnomeontherun
05-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Or two clipboards stacked?

Ricky158
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
The two clipboards would work too. Based on the varied responses, I gather that there is no uniform way to do this operation? I should just pick one that I think works best?

gnomeontherun
05-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Pick an icon, and probably make sure it has a corresponding tooltip of some kind for those who are less computer savvy.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum