View Full Version : Front page + PHP?

scroots
02-01-2003, 01:27 PM
IS there away to alter frontapge so that i can edit and make PHP in it. (i`m new to PHP by the way)
or will i just have to stick with a text editor?

thanks in advance
scroots

firepages
02-01-2003, 02:54 PM
ohhhhh scroots , I dunno what to say :)

I dont know cos I dont use frontpage but I generally hear that it tends to interfere with the PHP code.

I know Dreamweaver is more accepting of PHP these days but I cant recommend that either :D.

I use EditPlus which is a glorified text-editor as is UltraEdit which a lot rave about as well.

But I hear that HTML-kit (http://www.chami.com/html-kit/) is a very good front-page-a-like IDE but with PHP (and many other languages) syntax highlighting built in etc.

maybe its time to turn away from the Dark-Side , you know you want to ;)

missing-score
02-01-2003, 04:32 PM
I don't think that you can edit PHP code in front page, I have tried but it failed. I use dreamweaver now, which does handle PHP pretty well.

Funny how Front Page supports ASP isn't it? :rolleyes:

Spookster
02-01-2003, 04:50 PM
Dreamweaver is very good with PHP. Has a built in code library for PHP that that makes suggestions as you type and gives you a list of possible properties etc as you type.

scroots
02-01-2003, 10:23 PM
thanks for all your info

scroots

Dalsor
02-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Greetings,

To those using Dreamweaver with PHP, I'm curious if you are able to veiw your includes in the design mode with Dreamweaver? I've not been able to make this happen despite using the most recent Dreamweaver MX and PHP/Apache running at the same time.

Thanks!

Eric

Spookster
02-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Dalsor
Greetings,

To those using Dreamweaver with PHP, I'm curious if you are able to veiw your includes in the design mode with Dreamweaver? I've not been able to make this happen despite using the most recent Dreamweaver MX and PHP/Apache running at the same time.

Thanks!

Eric

I have. I didn't do anything to make it happen either. I had just noticed it one day while I working with some included files that they were showing up in design view. That was really cool. :cool:

bored
02-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by missing-score
Funny how Front Page supports ASP isn't it? :rolleyes:

Microsoft was the pioneer developer of the ASP construct, and the creator of MS FrontPage. Thusly, they are compatible.

Trying to edit PHP in FrontPage will just anger you.

Dalsor
02-05-2003, 02:30 AM
Just in case anyone else runs into this, I had to remove the DOCUMENT_ROOT stuff from my PHP scripts for the includes to work in Dreamweaver.

Jesh
02-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by bored
Microsoft was the pioneer developer of the ASP construct, and the creator of MS FrontPage. Thusly, they are compatible.

Trying to edit PHP in FrontPage will just anger you.

Hey

OMG? :eek:

maybe you missed the :rolleyes:???

dunno

Jesh

missing-score
02-05-2003, 07:57 AM
I think Jesh got the right idea, I was being sarcastic (hence the :rolleyes: )

bored
02-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Sorry, I didn't notice the expression. Heh.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum