View Full Version : which is the best html editor

05-13-2008, 05:21 AM
hi ,

Which is the best html editor which can edit ready made templates easier or easy for designing web sites.

Some say Dreamweaver is best , but that consumes too many resources.
Tried namo web editor as well but not so good.

So far i am using Notepad :D but may be something i don't know . Has anyone tried Adobe GoLIve

05-13-2008, 05:46 AM
I use one for Mac OS X called "Taco Edit" Sounds silly but I like it because I dont want any of the bells and whistles, just a very very plain WYSIWYG editor.

I hate the ones that come with tons of crap, I would much rather have a sleek quick editor and do it myself :)

05-13-2008, 05:52 AM
I also like sleek quick editor but sometimes it is easy , if we can add some html elements or form elements direcly by clicking buttons rather than coding. or if we want to chnage some text , then visually chnaging text becomes easier rather than finding that tag in html file

05-13-2008, 06:05 AM
Depends if you want a WYSIWYG editor or not.

Search the forums, it isn't like this hasn't been discussed before.

05-13-2008, 06:50 AM

05-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I use BestAddress 2008 Professional.

I find it very good.

30 sessions free trial with full function.

05-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Hate to say it, but if i had to use a WYSIWYG editor it would be Microsoft Expression Web 2.0. Dreamweaver is good, but has now dropped to a distant second place. It's almost hard to believe that a product like this can come out of M$ without buying someone and rebranding it.

i personally use Notepad++ to code everything...then run it through Firefox/Minefield to fix CSS issues i overlooked (with Firebug/Web Developer extensions).

i havent ran into any editor that actually has great context based intuitive code hinting, maybe i will mod NP++ source to work the way i want.