View Full Version : PHP error in Apache error log -Advice needed

w4vy
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Hello Community I am new here and also new to the whole website building running own server (apache) with php & mysql and am trying to make everything work like how my site used to work when I used to use a hosting company. I am running into a few problems though and came across your forum while searching the net for guides. I have loads of questions but I thought I would start with this one as it is the only error showing in my error log (so far , touch wood) The error says
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\\php\\ext\\php_pgsql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0 I can see the two \\'s and I am thinking shouldn't there only be one \ ? and if this is the reason for the error how do I fix it please ? Thank you in advance.

David.

tfit
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
"\" is escape character, so \\ will be read as \

w4vy
05-12-2008, 02:10 PM
"\" is escape character, so \\ will be read as \
Thank you for your reply, at least I now know that the two \\'s isn't the cause of the error then. I have looked in c:\php\ext and php_pgsql.dll is in there, does anyone have any ideas to why I am getting this error please ? thanks again in advance.

David.

tfit
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Sorry I forgot to answer second part :D. You should put a semi-colon for that line.
change extension=php_pgsql.dll to

;extension=php_pgsql.dll

Because you're trying to load postgress driver.

w4vy
05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry I forgot to answer second part :D. You should put a semi-colon for that line.
change extension=php_pgsql.dll to

;extension=php_pgsql.dll
Because you're trying to load postgress driver.

Great stuff that was it m8 thanks alot :thumbsup: I don't suppose if I showed you my httpd.conf file you could have a look over it and let me know what you think about it and let me know if it's ok to go online with could you please ? Or would this be the wrong place to post ?

David.

tfit
05-13-2008, 08:56 AM
I can't say. I myself would be very hesitant to post my httpd.conf. If you have some rewriterules to protect your server, you open that for others if they aren't as good as you thought.:) You show your loadmodules, etc. If you do, address some specific part instead of your whole config.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum