View Full Version : Question about validating html/xhtml

MrBiggZ
05-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Greetings!

In my webpage I call in some rss feeds. It seems that some are html transitional and some are xhtml transitional. Granted I cannot get a clean validation. :(

Is there anyway to tell the validator to exclude the outside sources? :eek:

If not I guess I no reason to throw the valid html 4.0 or valid xhtml stamp on my page.

Does it matter?

Hope somebody can answer my question. Many thank way in advance! :D

_Aerospace_Eng_
05-11-2008, 11:44 PM
You can try using php's dom functions to validate the xml according to its doctype or perhaps you can pull the doctype from the xml and if its not what you want don't display it.

oesxyl
05-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Greetings!

In my webpage I call in some rss feeds. It seems that some are html transitional and some are xhtml transitional. Granted I cannot get a clean validation. :(

Is there anyway to tell the validator to exclude the outside sources? :eek:

If not I guess I no reason to throw the valid html 4.0 or valid xhtml stamp on my page.

Does it matter?

Hope somebody can answer my question. Many thank way in advance! :D
rss is xml, is not html or xhtml but often the authors include in feed specific formating. Why? because want to be pritty,:) It's a mess but that's it, :)
I guess, but this apply only for a given feed, you can transform it and reformat before insertion in your page using server side scripting.

About validation process, no you can't make the validator to ignore some parts, but this is not important because the pourpuse of validation is only to be sure that browser render correct the page and help you with developement.

regards

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum