View Full Version : Issue in IE

05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Just a minor thing but I can't get my drill down icons in the right place in IE (6 & 7). If you look at it in firefox they're in the right position but in IE they're about 8px too high

05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
your link doesnt seem to work. Can you post another one?

05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I fixed the link btw (accidental extra h)

05-12-2008, 09:21 AM
div#sidebar ul li{

05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
hmm, that sort of works (though I'm not sure why) but in IE7 theres now a gap between all the list items and in 6 the list item still doesn't expand the full width, it stops where the edge meets the image.

...also, peekaboo?

05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
wow, cool theme NancyJ

05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
thanks. Can't take the credit though, Gary (http://garyhartney.com/)designed it, I'm just making some tweaks.

05-13-2008, 03:36 AM
Okay. The theme really suits the site.

05-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Nah it's not the usual peek-a-boo bug ( i dont think).

I have come across an issue with IE that the solution was applying a background color to the effected element. I saw you already had one so I fiddled adn didn't get anything from it.

My usual fixses for the WTF?! bugs are position:relative and background:#color.

You bring a very interesting one as neither solved anything.

anyway try this. wherwe you have:

div#main .odd{background-color:#F0F0F0;}
div#main .even{background-color:#DADADA;}

div#sidebar ul li{

replace all that with:

img.drill{cursor:pointer; float: right; margin-top: 8px;}
div#sidebar ul li { position: relative; background: #fcd; border: 1px solid #eee; margin: -1px;}
div#sidebar ul li img { position: relative; z-index: 100; }
div#main .odd{background-color:#F0F0F0;}
div#main .even{background-color:#DADADA;}

the dix#main odd and even are not affected but im just C&P-ing a block of code so no bother ;)

Well hell you can see what I changed so the div#sidebar ul li code with the border applied the same weird background fix I mentioned before. Now you don't want the border so an equal margin of -1 erases it. It might not really, but since the colors are what they are and my eyes are bad it looks right to me ;)

See if that works right for you. I tested on FF IE6 and IE7 and seems right. I didn't fire up Opera or Safari.

Nice working with Gary. He's a good bloke (I think can say that safely i assume since I've talked to him enough. Even if I am just a yank :P )

05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
That worked in IE7 except it messed up the accordian (which is the whole point really) Maybe I'll just redirect IE users to getfirefox.com