View Full Version : Issue in IE

NancyJ
05-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Just a minor thing but I can't get my drill down icons in the right place in IE (6 & 7). If you look at it in firefox they're in the right position but in IE they're about 8px too high
http://featherphp.org/classes/htmlHelper

jcdevelopment
05-11-2008, 07:31 PM
your link doesnt seem to work. Can you post another one?

NancyJ
05-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I fixed the link btw (accidental extra h)

abduraooft
05-12-2008, 09:21 AM
peekaboo?
try
div#sidebar ul li{
zoom:+1;
}

NancyJ
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
hmm, that sort of works (though I'm not sure why) but in IE7 theres now a gap between all the list items and in 6 the list item still doesn't expand the full width, it stops where the edge meets the image.

...also, peekaboo?

tagnu
05-12-2008, 02:56 PM
wow, cool theme NancyJ

NancyJ
05-12-2008, 09:59 PM
thanks. Can't take the credit though, Gary (http://garyhartney.com/)designed it, I'm just making some tweaks.

tagnu
05-13-2008, 03:36 AM
Okay. The theme really suits the site.

harbingerOTV
05-13-2008, 04:43 AM
Nah it's not the usual peek-a-boo bug ( i dont think).

I have come across an issue with IE that the solution was applying a background color to the effected element. I saw you already had one so I fiddled adn didn't get anything from it.

My usual fixses for the WTF?! bugs are position:relative and background:#color.

You bring a very interesting one as neither solved anything.

anyway try this. wherwe you have:

img.drill{float:right;margin-top:8px;cursor:pointer;}
div#main .odd{background-color:#F0F0F0;}
div#main .even{background-color:#DADADA;}

div#sidebar ul li{
zoom:1;
}

replace all that with:

img.drill{cursor:pointer; float: right; margin-top: 8px;}
div#sidebar ul li { position: relative; background: #fcd; border: 1px solid #eee; margin: -1px;}
div#sidebar ul li img { position: relative; z-index: 100; }
div#main .odd{background-color:#F0F0F0;}
div#main .even{background-color:#DADADA;}

the dix#main odd and even are not affected but im just C&P-ing a block of code so no bother ;)

Well hell you can see what I changed so the div#sidebar ul li code with the border applied the same weird background fix I mentioned before. Now you don't want the border so an equal margin of -1 erases it. It might not really, but since the colors are what they are and my eyes are bad it looks right to me ;)

See if that works right for you. I tested on FF IE6 and IE7 and seems right. I didn't fire up Opera or Safari.

Nice working with Gary. He's a good bloke (I think can say that safely i assume since I've talked to him enough. Even if I am just a yank :P )

NancyJ
05-13-2008, 10:49 AM
That worked in IE7 except it messed up the accordian (which is the whole point really) Maybe I'll just redirect IE users to getfirefox.com

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum