View Full Version : Help needed on creating website

digicell
05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
hi all,

I need help in creating a new website..for my university project i hhave to create a website on my experience this year working at a firm and i need to know how to make a website preferably HTML i am guessing as its the easiest right?....i would love it if somoene can teach me how to encorporate CSS into it as well and how i can create an html website ASAP?

The content willl just be information but the strcuture the links to different pages need to me done neatly....please can someone tell me what i can use to do this as i installed dreamweaver ultra dev which somoene gave me but i cannot use it...nearly cried over it :(

please can someone kindly help me out step by step and what program i can use? ....

Sman5109
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
So are you creating a website with no current knowledge of making websites?

For a program, I use dreamweaver CS3, you just have to get use to it. Although its a good program, it does not render everything completely right. Basically, I only use it because it makes typing the code faster because of the auto end tags and etc.

mlseim
05-09-2008, 03:12 PM
You should also use Google to search for tutorials, on HTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver.
This forum is great for discussion and answering problems, but not good for tutorials.
You need to see what you're working on in "real-time".

nicky
05-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Although I despise WYSIWYG programs, in your case, using one such as Dreamweaver or Microsoft FrontPage would be your best bet. Are you planning on putting this website project online? If so, where are you hosting it?

digicell
05-11-2008, 08:56 PM
hi yes i plan to host it on uni servers which is what they toold me to do

gnomeontherun
05-12-2008, 03:52 AM
If they are telling you to do it, are they not offering any help? Thats not a good university policy if that is the case.

Instead of looking at tutorials online buy a book. It will help you to direct your attention along a straight line instead of reading various tutorials which will jump all over the place. And there is something about a book in your hands.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum