View Full Version : Have you ever had this happen

zeke511
05-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm updating my Frontpage for some web design pages and everytime I go to a new file or edit a file and click "Save" the prompt pops up -"The application file has encountered an error and needs to close" ? I can't even work on any files or save before this keeps popping up?

I even uninstalled/reinstalled my Frontpage software.

gnomeontherun
05-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Can't say that I have, but I don't use FP (in my opinion nobody should). This sounds like something Windows related more than FP directly. Can you do a system restore back before the update, and then not update?

BabyJack
05-04-2008, 09:08 AM
If it is saved as .html save it as .htm. I think this is what might help - I havn't used Frontpage, I use Notepad.

BabyJack
PS: It's earlly in the morning and I'm tired and I can't be bothered to read propetly. :)

gnomeontherun
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
PS: It's earlly in the morning and I'm tired and I can't be bothered to read propetly. :)

It appears you can't be bothered to spell propetly either. ;)

And you made it light green so its hard to read! You must want others to struggle along with you...:p

oracleguy
05-04-2008, 07:34 PM
What version of FrontPage? There are service packs out for 2003 and before. I'd suggest installing those to see if it fixes your problem.

bazz
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I even uninstalled/reinstalled my Frontpage software.

You did too much!

check out w3schools.com for tutorials on web page building. ask questions here too. it really is much easier to build pages with better code using notepad (or other text editor) and then, to build your stylesheet for presentation.

less code, more impact, easier life. (well, except when you need to build graphics - i find that impossible).

bazz

zeke511
05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
try Notepad.

Thanks and now lesson learned...I just need to edit 3 pages on my website since my web guy abandoned me. I even tried the free expression web2 software but it kept stalling at the final load page -repair/uninstall or update and it wouldn't prompt to another page when opening

Here is the code that appears:
"Microsoft FrontPage application file has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: frontpg.exe AppVer: 4.0.2.2717 ModName: mso9.dll
ModVer: 9.0.0.2720 Offset: 0006bbad

I wasn't able to copy the entire error page it wouldn't let me Control C it~

Apostropartheid
05-05-2008, 12:17 AM
On error text and copying (http://lifehacker.com/software/windows-tip/copy-error-messages-text-to-the-clipboard-268547.php).

bazz
05-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Are these static html pages or are they generated by php/perl or other server side language?

If you can show us a link to the pages, maybe the changes aren;t so time-consuming that we can't do it for you?

bazz

zeke511
05-05-2008, 02:03 AM
aren't in any HTML files mostly php type. Only when Frontpage is open, I ntoiced some were saved? But now when I go to them they are white pages icon listed in the Folder list.

Also is this normal...
favicon.ico
gdform.pho
All have an error & show blank when trying to open in the Folder list?

I really appreciate everyones help...I may just have to give up, or call someone to do this it's frustrating

bazz
05-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I've pm'd you zeke

bazz

zeke511
05-05-2008, 03:36 AM
I got it!! After running every test, every Patch and all the things everyone mentioned it works!!

Thx

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum