View Full Version : IE problems with script

marianne@skypix
04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Could someone look at www.skypix.biz source code and tell me why it runs in Firefox but not IE7. Not even a gray box or red check. Nothing. But again, works in Firefox and Opera I believe.

BabyJack
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Im not so sure what you mean. Im looking at the source and what do you mean by the 'Gray Box or Red Check?'

marianne@skypix
04-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry. I meant in IE, nothing is there. You can see the background. Sometimes when looking at a webpage and the image is not linked properly or not on the server, there is a box with a red check. But that doesn't even appear. The gray box, the color of the script application is gray so I thought even that would appear if the script would not run. Nope. Again nothing shows in IE. In Firefox, the script works normally.

BabyJack
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Oh OK, yes the script is running fine in FF and failed to load in IE. Sorry, probably just browser differences or the script having some line of code in to make it not work on IE. I think it is stupid. All things should work on all browsers. Infact - why not have 1 browser?!

marianne@skypix
04-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I should add that I had a flip book script from dynamic drive there before and it worked in both IE and FF, albeit it looked better in FF. This morning, I changed it to a flash-type flipbook. Like I stated, it is working in FF but not even showing in IE.

I inserted the code just like www.thecountryfriends.org. I looked at their site in IE and the flip book works. So it is making no sense to me.

mlseim
04-29-2008, 09:19 PM
My guess is that it was saved wrong, and now all of the carriage returns
are messed up. IE is having a problem parsing the HTML, especially the
Javascripting and embedded code.

Load it back to your PC in "binary" and save as "binary", not ASCII mode.
Something to do with your FTP program or text editor.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum