View Full Version : First complete client site, please review

Aceramic
04-28-2008, 05:08 PM
So, I (and my "team", though I use the term loosely) finally completed our first client site. Please provide an honest review. I know that there are a couple validation errors on a couple pages. Those would be the pages that were edited by other people after I finished coding them. :rolleyes: They will be fixed soon! Yes, it's plain and simple, that's what the client asked for.

www.caringworld.org

abduraooft
04-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I think, a footer(at least a border/hr/ some blank space of padding/margin ) would be fine for users to get an impression that the haven't missed anything at the end :)

Oh.. in IE6 the last para is not visible!

The other improvement could be on displaying the current tab (selected page), by some simple CSS tricks.
Say when someone take Three G's, and read the text there, he may forget about his last selection ;)

Aceramic
04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Take a look at the code, and you'll notice that the footer is commented out. I was informed (by the client and people in charge) that "It doesn't need a footer". :/

Also, which paragraph isn't visible in IE? Which page is it on?

Apostropartheid
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
NB you’re the web designer/usability-person-thing. People NEED a footer. It’s just standard. You don’t miss out the footer in a book, do you? No, that’s just weird. It adds a sense of completeness and, honestly, makes sure the user doesn’t think you gave up halfway through. Even Google has a footer.

Aceramic
04-28-2008, 06:01 PM
^ Yes, but people around here defy logic. I tried explaining it, yet they insisted "No, we don't want a footer." *sigh*

gnomeontherun
04-28-2008, 08:42 PM
At least put a little more padding at the bottom. Its weird when the text bumps so tightly against the bottom of the page.

Take out any pages which are Coming Soon. Unless you are finishing those still :)

The header and blue bar is just very heavy. It takes a commanding presence on the page. In my opinion, I would scale it back. On the screen I'm currently using, the content doesn't start until past half way down the screen.

I think a few things to jazz up the pages, which are just text right now, would be beneficial to the site. BUT DONT ADD JUST TO ADD! Find images which compliment the purpose of the organization.

oesxyl
04-28-2008, 08:54 PM
I like it.

have two problems in my opinion:
- last line must be bottom padded, add footer, something..., already said
- you don't have metatags, keywords, description, ...., so is not visible on the net

regards

Aceramic
04-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks, I'll try to add the padding tomorrow morning... I don't have access to the clients host, so hopefully, I'll be able to convince him that he needs to upload a few things again. ;)

abduraooft
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Also, which paragraph isn't visible in IE? Which page is it on?
I think it's not visible in all pages, see the screen shot of home page in IE6.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum