View Full Version : Link/embed video clip on my site/Fireworks/Photoshop-photo questions

lse123
04-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Fireworks/Photoshop-photo question
How to put 3-5 photos horizontally , same height , but the separation border do not seem, but seem a tansition smooth from one image to another ?
Link/embed video clip on my site question
When I want to embed video or link (I know how in xhtml) , well how to decide/make the quality and video size ?

gnomeontherun
04-17-2008, 10:14 PM
1) I don't understand your question.

2) You need to describe your video. What format, typical length, purpose...

I like 400x300, at around 512K for Flash Video, but its different for different file formats.

lse123
04-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Link/embed video clip on my site question
I DO NOT KNOW CHARACTERISTICS , but I want to add some video to a wedding site at
www.pafos-wedding.com
well for "book wedding" purposes,... what CHARACTERISTICS to use ? embed or link ? If I link a video file the window opens after a webuser press it, what size will have, how to configure, can I ?
Fireworks/Photoshop-photo question
How to put 3-5 photos horizontally , same height , but the separation border do not seem, but seem a transition smooth from one image to another ? the opacity change so than images is like one big image the border almost white(with opacity) ?

gnomeontherun
04-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Ok for Video,
I think the best way to do it is to by placing a Flash video player on the page, and then having your videos on the page directly. I think its tacky to just link to a video file, and its disruptive to the web browsing experience. You can pick the characteristics, which all depends on what you determine to be the best for your site. You have to decide what format before you can start to configure though.

Ok you mean the borders don't have a seam. Seem means something different, which confused me. Well you would need to make a new image, sized large enough for all of the photos to fit lined together, and then import your images to the new image. You can apply a gradient mask to the layers (http://www.sitepoint.com/article/photoshop-fade-layer-mask) just on the edges to make them flow into each other.

lse123
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
what CHARACTERISTICS to use (size , quality) ?

If I have a video 10cmx10cm and link, it will play in application[after press link] in what size ? May setup this size(play) independed of original size ? If I have a video 10cmx10cm and play it in a 5cmx5cm window[embed it] quality will be better ?

gnomeontherun
04-18-2008, 03:39 PM
What FORMAT Are You Going To Use?

Apostropartheid
04-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Ooohh, Jeremy's getting angry
It will be best viewed (and played in an external player—at least, if the user hasn't adjusted it to be double-height or whatever) at its native resolution.

gnomeontherun
04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Ooohh, Jeremy's getting angry
It will be best viewed (and played in an external player—at least, if the user hasn't adjusted it to be double-height or whatever) at its native resolution.

Not angry, just trying to use the same formatting he/she does :rolleyes:

lse123
04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I do not link or embed again video on any of my websites, so you tell me best for the wedding application above ?

what to insert to below attributes
"... classid:... codebase:..."
according to current versions of different players(wmp,qt,flash) ? where to find this info ?

gnomeontherun
04-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Ok, you should put your video in Flash format and use a flash video player to view the video. Just linking to a video has more issues for the client to figure out how to view it or where it was downloaded or what to do with it.

There is different code for each video format. This is why I need to know what format before I can help you with any of this. Could you please answer that?

PS: There is a huge thread in the Multimedia section about embedding WMP files, and I think there are some QT threads out there. I know I just posted a Flash embed explanation a few days ago.

lse123
04-21-2008, 04:48 PM
where usually, I can find this info ? I mean for embed video: classid/codebase ... tell me for wmp for now ?

gnomeontherun
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=50666

It is a sticky at the top of the Graphics/Multimedia section.

lse123
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
this you say is for wmp ? what about qt ?

lse123
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
and what about flash ? I mean classid + codebase ... These attributes depend on player version ?

gnomeontherun
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=137848

lse123
05-03-2008, 08:20 AM
These attributes depend on player version ? I mean when you embed video by writting xhtml code ?

gnomeontherun
05-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Here is my suggestion. Tell us what format you are going to use, and we can tell you the code. Otherwise google it?

http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_object.asp

lse123
05-05-2008, 12:21 PM
ok, tell me for wmp & qt (lastest editions and below) for files mpeg & avi ?

What if new edition of wmp & qt come, what will needed to change in the XHTML Code ?

gnomeontherun
05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Can't you read any of the things I've said? Did you not read that thread in the other section about Windows Media Player? It has many many answers about this.

I'm done with this thread.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum