View Full Version : form submit button issue

salvo
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I have a css controled submit button with the follwoing code.

.btn-submit { background:url(/images/btn.gif); width:108px; height:29px; padding:3px 0 0 0; float:left; text-align:center; margin-top:165px;}
.btn-submit a {color:#fd800d; font-size:10px; font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }

I'm controling the text on the button as well so i can change it on the fly.

My issue lies with the markup.

If i use the following the code the text will not show ontop of the button. instead i get the actual image ontop of the css control image as expected.

<div class="btn-submit">
<input type="image" src="./images/btn.gif" class="button" value="submit Reg &rgt" name="btn_value"/>

anyone know what markup to use? this is killing me.

Any and all respones will be greatly appreciated.

abduraooft
04-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Why do you want to set the src attribute simultaneously with a background style?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Do something like this

<button class="btn-submit">submit Reg &rgt</button>

.btn-submit {
background:url(/images/btn.gif);
width:108px;
height:29px;
padding:3px 0 0 0;
float:left;
text-align:center;
margin-top:165px;
color:#fd800d;
font-size:10px;
font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
font-weight:bold;
}

salvo
04-16-2008, 07:00 PM
Why do you want to set the src attribute simultaneously with a background style?

my apologies, i'm not sure i know what your asking here

salvo
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
aero where would i be putting that markup ? and where is the code to call to the database ?

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
The bottom code is the CSS so put in your stylesheet. The top code goes in place of whatever submit button you have now. As to the database question thats a whole 'nother can of worms. I suggest you do some tutorials on basic HTML. Databasing may need to wait a while.

salvo
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
aero my apologies disregard my previous post that was suppoes to go in another post somewhere else. I meant to ask you what the hell is submit reg &rgt ?.

_Aerospace_Eng_
04-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Thats what you have as your current value for your input type="image" button.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum