View Full Version : Why no donate button?

NancyJ
04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Like many people who come here regularly, I use adblock. I didn't even know we had banner ads til the 'scary ad' thread.
Another forum I visit allows members who want to, to 'subscribe' for a small fee ($25 for a year) and for that they get a special forum tag, larger gallery size and file attachment size (not as relevant here I guess) and no banner ads.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement but they're on vBulletin too. It would just be nice to be able to support the site in a non-clicking on ads kind of way.

bcarl314
04-14-2008, 05:50 PM
You could always use the "Post Reply" button! :D That's what I did right here ;)

Aceramic
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
... Maybe I missed something, but how is the "Post Reply" button related to donating to the costs of hosting this wonderful forum?

Yes, you're "donating" your knowledge, in a sense, but that doesn't really help with the bills, now does it? ;)

liorean
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, you're "donating" your knowledge, in a sense, but that doesn't really help with the bills, now does it? ;)It does in the manner of making these forums contain more information that people may want to search for, thus bringing more users here...

NancyJ
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
It does in the manner of making these forums contain more information that people may want to search for, thus bringing more users here...

But more users mean more running costs ;)

I answer as many questions as I can but they're just too slow coming in ;)

Deacon Frost
04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I support the donate button!

... Maybe I missed something, but how is the "Post Reply" button related to donating to the costs of hosting this wonderful forum?

Yes, you're "donating" your knowledge, in a sense, but that doesn't really help with the bills, now does it? ;)

robots.txt

Spookster
04-15-2008, 04:41 AM
For Bill...errr I mean "WA" money is not an issue.

Deacon Frost
04-15-2008, 05:34 AM

Money being an issue isn't the issue, the issue is that there was never a donate button issued to these forums. It is bare, and wastelandish.

But no seriously, a donate button wouldn't just be for WA, but... possibly to expand the forums, etc, without him having to dig into his own pockets.

Why would you argue people wanting to give you money?

(And I'm sure everyone here thinks it's crazy to do such)

Spookster
04-15-2008, 05:47 AM
Money being an issue isn't the issue, the issue is that there was never a donate button issued to these forums. It is bare, and wastelandish.

But no seriously, a donate button wouldn't just be for WA, but... possibly to expand the forums, etc, without him having to dig into his own pockets.

Why would you argue people wanting to give you money?

(And I'm sure everyone here thinks it's crazy to do such)

Inside joke.

Deacon Frost
04-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Inside joke.

Gotcha.

oracleguy
04-15-2008, 06:54 AM

Yeah, especially when you've been in Forbes so much.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum