View Full Version : web site promotion tips, plz

bazz
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Hi,

Having put together a website I would like to know your ideas on how best and quickest to get it known around the web. I don't do spam. I don't do viruses which rules out viral marketing, I think.

So how can I get the site visited at least once by people all around the web and, do it legitimately.

bazz

oesxyl
04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi,

Having put together a website I would like to know your ideas on how best and quickest to get it known around the web. I don't do spam. I don't do viruses which rules out viral marketing, I think.

So how can I get the site visited at least once by people all around the web and, do it legitimately.

bazz
the question is generic, an generic answer is good content, easy to navigate, non intrusive, proper links, but this don't say nothing.
You must provide more specific information about the site for a usefull answer or in my opinion a better solution is to post the url in site review section.

regards

oracleguy
04-10-2008, 04:31 PM
What's the website about?

bazz
04-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks for your replies.

@oesxyl: I agree with

good content, easy to navigate, non intrusive, proper links,

But i am trying to find a good effective way of letting people know it is here. For example, how did the existing search engines achieve it so quickly?

@oracleguy: at the risk of sounding vague, it is proposed to be a search engine (yeh another one :D ). I am thinking of putting it out there, so that web designers for businesses and/or the businesses managers themselves, can input their own business.

bazz

oesxyl
04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your replies.

@oesxyl: I agree with

good content, easy to navigate, non intrusive, proper links,

But i am trying to find a good effective way of letting people know it is here. For example, how did the existing search engines achieve it so quickly?

yes but that depend of what it is, :) Usual way:
- submit to the main source of search, google, yahoo, msn, dmoz.
- build a sitemap and submit on a regular basis, how often you refresh the content
- make people to link to you, on a clean way by having something what they need
almost everybody do that, promoting further is very specific

@oracleguy: at the risk of sounding vague, it is proposed to be a search engine (yeh another one :D ). I am thinking of putting it out there, so that web designers for businesses and/or the businesses managers themselves, can input their own business.

bazz
what kind of search engine? meta search or search?
thematic one or general?
From second part of your explanation sound more like a web directory.
Some of the above steps apply to search engine and web directory too.

regards

pilas14
04-10-2008, 11:20 PM
One word. Networking. Look around for sites like yours and make friends. Talk to people. Get their advice and give them honest evaluations of the work they do. Don't be mean, don't be harsh - just honest.

Back in 2002, I got my site started off by going to everyone's shoutbox. It was the thing to do back then. lol

Just put your website on all your forum profiles and in your signature. If you're a good conversationalist and give great advice, people will start noticing and it never hurts to sort of whore yourself out. After all, you put your heart into this website.

muzammal
04-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I would like to suggest you to submit your website into Top social network websites. For resource please visit addthis.com where you will find list of social websites. signup and start submitting your website. you site will get more and more visitors.

NancyJ
04-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Can I just point out that viral marketing has nothing to do with viruses...

bazz
04-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks all of you.

Yeh, Nancy, I haven't read up on viral marketing yet but, I wanted to make sure that readers of my posts knew that I wasn't into spamming and such like.

bazz

bazz
04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Actually, just to clarify something I wrote earlier this thread;

.....so that web designers for businesses and/or the businesses managers themselves, can input their own business.

It should have been clearer:

so that web designers can input their clients businesses to give their clients more value from their own product. They will also be able to register thier own web business so that their potential clients can find them easliy.

That's more accurate/clear, I hope.

bazz

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum