View Full Version : How do you get it done!

flynch01
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
So, I was just wondering what you guys use to create your websites.

I'm a fan of Notepad++. I just think the syntax highlighting is brilliant. I used to use notepad but now i'm just used to seeing the keywords turn blue. So basicly, what is it that you use to get the job done? Dreamweaver?

oracleguy
04-04-2008, 11:53 PM
http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=21867

VIPStephan
04-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow, that's an old topic you dug up there. :) I seem to remember having a few such discussions lately? Anyway, people use all kinds of editors. Dreamweaver, BBedit, Notepad(+), Textwrangler… Important is that you don't rely on any design view of any WYSIWYG editor. Code highlighting is helpful. In the end it's personal preference.

But I'm sure if you do a search here you'll find the other threads where your question has been answered a million times.

oracleguy
04-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Wow, that's an old topic you dug up there. :)

The really scary thing was that I knew which couple search terms to put in to only bring up that thread. :D

oldcrazylegs
04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
i have always used windows wordpad in the text document mode. i like the text editing features it provides over notepad. in wordpad you can drag whole paragrahs to a new location. try that in notepad. also the replace function works better.

then i run the pages thru cse html validator pro and topstyle pro to check them for errors.

sobrien79
04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I've been using SciTE for the past year or so. It loads quick and it's very customizable. Basically just use it as a color coded text editor.

Spookster
04-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Oh please no not another which editor do you use to code websites thread. http://www.designqueue.com/photos/dead-horse-fast2.gif

mlseim
04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Spookster ... LOL
You wanted an excuse to use that animated GIF, didn't you .... too funny!
I beat dead horses all the time :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum