View Full Version : How do you get it done!

04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
So, I was just wondering what you guys use to create your websites.

I'm a fan of Notepad++. I just think the syntax highlighting is brilliant. I used to use notepad but now i'm just used to seeing the keywords turn blue. So basicly, what is it that you use to get the job done? Dreamweaver?

04-04-2008, 11:53 PM

04-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow, that's an old topic you dug up there. :) I seem to remember having a few such discussions lately? Anyway, people use all kinds of editors. Dreamweaver, BBedit, Notepad(+), Textwrangler… Important is that you don't rely on any design view of any WYSIWYG editor. Code highlighting is helpful. In the end it's personal preference.

But I'm sure if you do a search here you'll find the other threads where your question has been answered a million times.

04-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Wow, that's an old topic you dug up there. :)

The really scary thing was that I knew which couple search terms to put in to only bring up that thread. :D

04-14-2008, 09:22 PM
i have always used windows wordpad in the text document mode. i like the text editing features it provides over notepad. in wordpad you can drag whole paragrahs to a new location. try that in notepad. also the replace function works better.

then i run the pages thru cse html validator pro and topstyle pro to check them for errors.

04-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I've been using SciTE for the past year or so. It loads quick and it's very customizable. Basically just use it as a color coded text editor.

04-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Oh please no not another which editor do you use to code websites thread. http://www.designqueue.com/photos/dead-horse-fast2.gif

04-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Spookster ... LOL
You wanted an excuse to use that animated GIF, didn't you .... too funny!
I beat dead horses all the time :)