View Full Version : How do you people cope with validation boredom?

nikos101
04-04-2008, 02:53 PM
On thing that I don't like about flash development is that any form validation on the client side will have to be duplicated on the server side. How do you people cope with validation boredom?

gnomeontherun
04-04-2008, 09:21 PM
This is the case with any form sent, flash or javascript validation can be broken easier than server side validation.

Basic validation on the client side is useful just so people don't accidentally forget something, but server side validation is always necessary.

nikos101
04-04-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd rather do it all in php because there are classes that generate both client (js) and server side validation with only defining your validation parameters once. This is impossible with flash, you have to do validation with custom code for both client and server

jairusbondoc
04-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Flash to javascript (XMLHttpRequest) to a php file the back to flash through javascript (SetVariable). swift communication between the 3 technologies then it is happily ever after. :)

nikos101
04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Flash to javascript (XMLHttpRequest) to a php file the back to flash through javascript (SetVariable). swift communication between the 3 technologies then it is happily ever after. :)

I didn't know Flash could use Javascript

jairusbondoc
04-14-2008, 05:32 AM
It can... simply use

getURL("javascript:yourJSFunctionHere()");

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum