View Full Version : Is it possible to make a grid? If so, how?

l3vi
01-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Okay, I am trying to make a game, but first I need a grid. Im not advanced with HTML, but I am not a beginner. Is it possible to make a grid without using tables? if so how would I make it. I know how to make image maps too, but that wouldnt really work. If you can help me, Please do!
Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-26-2003, 11:40 PM
Are you wanting a 'snap to' script, so that a dragged item will snap to the nearest grid line?

l3vi
01-27-2003, 12:15 AM
No, I want it so an image will be randomly displayed on a part of the grid. Im going to have an image and want it to display at a random part. If there is a way to specify coordinates for the whole page and the image randomly display somewhere anywhere on the page would also be what I am looking for.

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-27-2003, 12:23 AM
The only way I know of would be to increment the position by however wide and high you want the grid lines to be.

l3vi
01-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by CRASH_OVERRIDE
The only way I know of would be to increment the position by however wide and high you want the grid lines to be.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Increment the position on what?

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-27-2003, 01:09 AM
The position of the image on the document- specify two random numbers (x, y), round each to the nearest 10th (or whatever spacing you want the grid lines to be), make sure it's not outside the window boundaries, and there ya go (hope this makes sense). :)

l3vi
01-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Oh! Duh!!!!!!!! I get it! Sorry, Im a little bit slow sometimes :)
Thanx!:D

CRASH_OVERRIDE
01-27-2003, 01:32 AM
No prob, happy Superbowl Sunday. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum