View Full Version : oh god please help! :(

udjamaflip
03-30-2008, 01:53 AM
On everything else this piece of code works except the buttons i have made on my project today!

on (release) {

gotoAndPlay("omelette_ingredients");

}

I have quadruple checked the spelling, case and position of all the elements. The button is most definately a button (after remaking ti 4-5 times)

Can anyone tell me why, when I click on the button that activates this it, does nothing......

Thankyou so much for any suggestions...

(btw - AS2.0)

brixty
04-01-2008, 07:22 PM
i think maby u have to put the full name #omelette_ingredients dot what ever file"

jpietrangelo
04-20-2008, 07:40 PM
You don't give enough details. If, for example, the frame named "omelette_ingredients" is on one layer and your button is on a different layer, you will need to make sure that your button code references the proper proper movie layer.

Your problem might also be caused by something as simple has your not having properly named the button instance or some other instance that is called from the code on the layer named "omelette_ingredients".

Suggest you check for those types of simple, yet easy to overlook, mistakes in your code.

gnomeontherun
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
1) make sure you have labeled the layer "omelette_ingredients"
2) make sure you have put the actionscript onto the button, not in the button
3) check that there are no other items called "omelette_ingredients"
4) make sure the button is on its own layer
5) try making the label its own layer

Please use better titles for your posts, and explain as much as possible. Asking for help in the title is redundant .

udjamaflip
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Accidental post - Please delete.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum