View Full Version : Web Site Review

01-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Hi, I'm about to go live with my first ever site. Any critical reviews would be very appreciated.

The site name is www.brickhillsrotary.co.uk

Also I'm trying to find a scrolling ticker to liven up the first page. Can anyone point me to some code?

Philip M
01-25-2003, 09:20 PM
"focusses" has too many esses, and "it's members" should read "its members" (it's = it is, its is the possessive pronoun).

I am never happy with index pages containing large images - they take a long time to load. But otherwise the site seems fine to me.

01-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Sorry for what I'm going to say....

sharp & irregular edges, bad combination of colors, bad quality of photos, Times new roman, the animation is not very smooth, ugly borders at top & bottom, you don't use styles, left bar has to be a background rather than an entire image, redundant tags & some crap in the HTML code.

My advice: Try to not blindly use what fireworks generates, read the tutorials and look a lot of sites & designs.

And don't worry; a lot of years ago, my first experience with graphics & web pages was something like that :)

01-25-2003, 11:52 PM
I disagree with Borgtex, it looks fine. It's not like you're trying to become the next Yahoo or eBay;)

I think it will get the job done for what you're trying to do, nice architecture, bad images, but oh well.

If you have the time and/or money to get some better graphics up, you should. But overall I think it's fine.

And yes, it would be a good idea to check your grammar. (Grammer?) hehe...

01-25-2003, 11:55 PM
the only thing i dont like is the text font