View Full Version : Flash doesn't display on php page

forgottenglory
03-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I need to display a swf file in a php page. The flash file displays without any problem when the page has an html extension. But when I change the extension to php. The swf file doesn't display. Am I missing a fundamental point here?

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Got link? It's likely your code has errors.

forgottenglory
04-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the tip. All my codes are fine. What I did was to create another swf called test.swf. A simple one with no animation...just plain text. Then I published it. I then changed the extension in test.html to php. In this case the swf file displayed without problem. I compared the codes in the test.php to my working php file and there was no difference whatsoever.

The only difference was that my working file swf was protected against import and my test swf wasn't. So I ticked off the 'protect against import' box and re-published everything and it now displays as intended. Very strange...

Any explanation for that anybody?

jairusbondoc
04-13-2008, 02:58 PM
protect against import simply means that the swf cannot be imported by an another flash file. if the codes are the same (with the php and the html) i am assuming that the problem "fundamentally" is on how your webserver renders php files. maybe it renders ur php files only as plain text (if it doesnt have a php interpreter). you need to show us more details.. :)

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum