View Full Version : CGI Help (Note, idk crap about this)

ChemicalMonkey
03-21-2008, 04:44 AM
ok, ill make this simple for me and anyone else reading this.

i need a cgi (or w/e i need that can do his) that will process any form inputs, and save it onto the server in a file if its possible, or email it to me.

all the tutorials i have found for this havent said crap about how to make them save the info...

i can make the forms, there a cinch...i cant figure out how to get them to save or email the form fields somewere

idk how to make a cgi file do what i need it to do or anything at all for that matter, and i have read like 8 tutorials on forms and cgi and none of it has helped me out...(im a see it and learn from it guy)

gnomeontherun
03-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Do you really need to use CGI? Do you have ASP or PHP ability on your server? That would be easier to use. If you have PHP, I would suggest doing a simple search for a php mailing script and there are dozens out there that are pretty easy to use.

mlseim
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
CGI (Common Gateway Interface) is a term usually associated with Perl (a programming language). CGI is not a programming language, but a protocol for handling data between client and server.

But we know what you mean by CGI, (you mean Perl).

Perl is a great language, but more difficult to learn than PHP. So Jeremy is correct ...
look for some PHP tutorials using Google - A search like this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=php+contact+form&btnG=Google+Search

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum