View Full Version : Zip Code Locator

kande
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi. Please forgive me as I don't do any programming... I need to add a zip code locator to an existing web page. Basically my client wants the user to be able to look up their zip code to see if their town is within the service area for a home cleaning company. Can anyone help me with this? Is this the right forum for this type of coding. How do I do this? Anything I can cut and paste into the code view of Dreamweaver. Any online tutorials? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

rubenbuhr
03-12-2008, 05:15 AM
You'll have to do something server side because the zip code data base is over 3mb.

Here is just one of a vast array of zip code elements;
"00501_+40.922326_-072.637078_HOLTSVILLE_NY"

Aradon
03-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Basically the general idea for this would be to collect the zip codes in a database (which you could do, a general google search should get you into contact with various databases that keep United States Zip Code data), and then use a server-side language (php, asp, jsp, cgi) to get the data and display it after a form is contacted.

sobrien79
03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
You don't need anything complicated.

Get a list of zip codes that the client services. Then have the user enter their zip. If their zip is in the list the client supplied, then you have a winner. If not, then that user doesn't get served.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum