View Full Version : Flash Video with one swf and multiple FLV

jreitz
03-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi, I have been asked to determine what is needed and how to go about setting up something I have never really done and so I turn to CF folks, who tend to know their stuff. I have created flash on a website before using progressive DL as the method where the player skin file, SWF and FLV are all separated, so I understand that at least, but after this, it gets darn foggy.

The site requirements are to be much like a Youtube system in a way, every video will have its own page and own FLV, but I would like to reuse the same swf/skin(player) across the site. The list of videos will be listed out in HTML (dynamically generated from a database) that would link to that videos page, where the video would play.

Is there a way to do this via the progressive video without any changes to the swf file? In other words, can I dynamically load the FLV file name into the same swf player each time I hit a video page within the HTML of the page?

Is the media streaming server a better route to go? there will be hundreds of FLVs on the site. If so, what kind of wizards or tools are there to do this. I donít know action script and donít have time to learn it before this projects got to be live.

Any help would be very appreciated!
Thanks,
John

_Aerospace_Eng_
03-02-2008, 08:03 PM
You may want to look into this: http://www.*******************/?item=JW_FLV_Media_Player

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum