View Full Version : I receive spam from webform even I make it inactive/delete ...?

lse123
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I built a car reservations webform but I receive from it many spam so i delete it(or make wrong: action="manualformprocessor.phpx") well I still receive spam like the attachment... please note that i do and some tests to other hostings but i delete and these too... well why i still receive spam from webforms like this ? Is any way learn where [url] the email come from ?

CFMaBiSmAd
02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Spam bot scripts only read and parse form tags on a web page to get the action="..." parameter and form field names... They don't actually "fill in" form fields on the form page. They submit data directly to the form processing code. Once the URL of the form processing code has been entered into a spam bot script, it can keep submitting to the form processing code.

Both your server log file and the php $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable will contain the IP address of the "client" that made the request to the form processing code. Often this will be a web proxy or a computer that has been taken over by a virus program that the real spam bot is just relaying through.

oesxyl
02-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I built a car reservations webform but I receive from it many spam so i delete it(or make wrong: action="manualformprocessor.phpx") well I still receive spam like the attachment... please note that i do and some tests to other hostings but i delete and these too... well why i still receive spam from webforms like this ? Is any way learn where [url] the email come from ?

It's not clear for me, can you give more detail? why did you classify the attachament content as spam?
I download and read it but don't look as spam for me.

best regards

Pennimus
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
I download and read it but don't look as spam for me.

Really?

Someone from Ghana with a junky email address wants to pick up a car in Cyprus, in 2009, and rounds their booking request off with four links, and that's not spammy?

The sort term answer is delete or rename your processing script, long term you need to make your form more secure.

lse123
02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
"your server log file and the php $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable"
where find these in an email ?
the solution is delete processor file ?

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum