View Full Version : HTLM - fieldset & legend

jerry62704
02-25-2008, 10:30 PM
I want the fieldset "title" to appear in the upper left hand side of the fieldset enclosing bar. I was under the impression that <legend> would put it there, but it doesn't seem to in either FF or IE.

1) Am I correct in my assumption?
2) If not, how do I achieve this?

TIA

sobrien79
02-25-2008, 10:35 PM
<fieldset>
<legend>This is my title.</legend>
</fieldset>

jerry62704
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
That's pretty much what I have. Here is the code:

<html:form action="/calculateFS">
<fieldset title="<bean:message key="fs.calc.input.household.heading"/>" id="hi">
<legend>Household Information</legend>
<h2><font size="2" face="bold"><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.household.heading"/></font></h2>

<div align="right">
<span><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.numInHH"/></span>
<span><html:text styleId="numInHH" property="numInHH" size="2" maxlength="2"/></span>
</div>

<div align="right">
<span><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.childrenUnder2"/></span>
<span><html:text styleId="numberOfChildrenUnder2" property="numberOfChildrenUnder2" size="2" maxlength="2"/><br /></span>
</div>

<div align="right">
<span><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.childrenOver2"/></span>
<span><html:text styleId="numberOfChildrenOver2" property="numberOfChildrenOver2" size="2" maxlength="2"/> <br /></span>
</div>

<div align="right">
<span><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.qualifyingMember"/></span>
<span><html:select styleId="qualifyingMember" property="qualifyingMember">
<html:option value="false"><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.yesno.no"/></html:option>
<html:option value="true"><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.yesno.yes"/></html:option>
</html:select> <br /></span>
</div>

<div align="right">
<span><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.simplifiedProcessingUnit"/></span>
<span><html:select styleId="simplifiedProcessingUnitInd" property="simplifiedProcessingUnitInd">
<html:option value="false"><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.yesno.no"/></html:option>
<html:option value="true"><bean:message key="fs.calc.input.yesno.yes"/></html:option>
</html:select> <br /></span>
</div>

</fieldset>

I'll try to change the legend to a strut message so it will always be consistent with the title (tool tip) and remove the header once it is working.

sobrien79
02-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I dunno. When I take that snippet and throw it into a browser it loads the fieldset's borders and the legend as it should. Granted nothing else shows up due to the other tags. But I get the legend.

Do you have a link to someplace where we can see it publicly?

jerry62704
02-25-2008, 11:11 PM
No, it is on our intranet until I convert it and then it will be in the public view. The base I'm starting with is there now.

However I did notice that the source as seen in FF doesn't match the source as seen in the RAD program. It could be a case of RAD not publishing it correctly. I just shut it down (first tried republishing, then stopping and starting the server, then clearing the cache in FF and starting over again) entirely and ...
the source from the browser still doesn't match the source in the RAD program. Which is why I hate RAD. Once this is fixed, the whole thing may work. You have verified that the syntax is right and it worked on your machine.

More later...

sobrien79
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Glad I could help.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum