View Full Version : IE spacing issues... surprise, suprise.

02-25-2008, 04:12 AM
So this is my website and it looks fine in FF, but I was told that in IE it is all messed up. So upon checking it out, my critics were correct and the site seems to have some aligning issues in IE that it does not have in FF. I tried the display in line trick and that just really messed things up, so any thoughts?? The sites URL is http://www.iamcaplan.com. Any suggestions will be most helpful. Thanks!

02-25-2008, 04:44 AM
What exactly is the problem and what version of IE is messing up in?

02-25-2008, 04:44 AM
That might be an issue with floats, have a try by increasing the width of container or decreasing the width of menu/ content.

02-25-2008, 04:53 AM
So the problem is at least is IE7 (this is the only IE that I have), and it looks as if the content div is being displayed below the menu, which is supposed to be next to the content on the left. I have tried to decrease the size of the menu, decrease the size of the content, increase the size of the container, and try to decrease the size of both with the container size increased... None of these seem to work. Thoughts?

02-25-2008, 04:54 AM
The left margin on #content plus the width was causing IE to put the content below the menu. Try this for #content.

#content {
color: #F00;
background-image: url(images/home.jpg);
width: 570px;
min-height: 500px;
margin: 75px 0 0 7px;
padding: 0;
Be sure to clear your floats. To see how to do that read this: http://positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html

And WHY do you have multiple stylesheets instead of just one? There is no need especially when a lot of your styles are repeating. To give access to the main stylesheet in your other pages do something like this

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/style.css" type="text/css">
Make sure any background images in the stylesheet also have the leading forward slash so the browser knows where to get the images.

02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Aerospace, you rock! Thanks so much for helping me out. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will give it a go and let you know if it works. Thanks agian!