View Full Version : looking for host recommendations for a UK SME

brothercake
01-21-2003, 11:21 PM
tech needs: linux apache with PHP; 64 pipe, about 1/2 gig of space

business needs: reliable, flexible, happy to configure the server and add extensions how *I* want it to be, email and phone tech support

budget: thinking around 1500 (UKP) per year

Any thoughts or recommendations?

KevinG
01-22-2003, 03:24 PM
http://www.magic-moments.com/ - good prices

krycek
01-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Hi brothercake :)

I can offer you a custom package, PM me or email at krycek@xe-group.net

I will be happy to talk things over as I think I could offer you a decent deal.

Also, I live in the UK, so you will have personal phone support etc. (I am always available)

Let me know :)

::] krycek [::

justame
01-22-2003, 04:53 PM
bro...
ya might just a wannaŽ check out this link...
http://www.intothenet.co.uk/

yok is just a forumŽ member tooo...:O))) n' thattts his company...:O)))

yokelrobin
01-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Hi Brothercake - justame said I should pop in and say hello :)

I can offer you a dedicated server with your specs (plus a few more in some cases - certainly more disk space), for about the budget you're talking about.

Email and phone support, full printed manual to start you off, you didn't mention bandwidth, but you get 5Gb per month, Linux Apache, full PHP support, full root access to the server, POP3 and SMTP mail server, MySQL and more (even Frontpage extensions ;)).

Drop me a line if you're interested and I'll give you full details - yok@intothenet.co.uk

krycek
01-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by yokelrobin
Hi Brothercake - justame said I should pop in and say hello :)

I can offer you a dedicated server with your specs (plus a few more in some cases - certainly more disk space), for about the budget you're talking about.

Email and phone support, full printed manual to start you off, you didn't mention bandwidth, but you get 5Gb per month, Linux Apache, full PHP support, full root access to the server, POP3 and SMTP mail server, MySQL and more (even Frontpage extensions ;)).

Drop me a line if you're interested and I'll give you full details - yok@intothenet.co.uk

erm... 5Gb per month? Shouldn't that be 500Gb per month for the price brothercake mentioned? :confused:

brothercake, you do not have to spend as much as you said. Plus, it is not always a good idea to tell potential hosts your budget. Ask for quotes first.

Compare features carefully, and ask if you can have a trial period. I offer trial periods to custom-quoted customers who require special features.

I can offer a dedicated, managed server at a good price, but if you do not need a dedicated server then I am sure we can work out a solution for you that won't break the bank. And, you can have some of that cash left over for other stuff :D

But hey, it's up to you. Yeah sure I would like your custom, but you have to choose carefully, and if you get a better deal, go for it :)

Good luck!

::] krycek [::

tommysphone
01-23-2003, 01:30 PM
fasthosts - www.fasthosts.co.uk

Reseller pack is good. You may just want business. Well within you annual budget.

brothercake
01-23-2003, 01:55 PM
All good suggestions; thanks :) I'll have to think about them

ionsurge
01-23-2003, 02:07 PM
I always side with www.agorahosting.com

ionsurge
01-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Ah also, www.beyondinfinit.com are awesome.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum