View Full Version : dreamweaver 8 . image click to play sound ?

02-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi i am using dreamweaver 8 and need help on playing sound when soeone clicks on a image.
any help ?
ill nominate you as best member if you help me.

kindest regards

02-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Not possible with plain HTML. You would have to use Flash to do that in a cross-browser compatible way. However, I’d really recommend to scrap that idea entirely and don’t play any sound on your website except the visitor asks for it (i.e. leave them a choice). This is annoying to many people and many people switch off any sound (if they can) without pondering about it for a second. Also, although possible with Flash it’s the worst way you could go as this would be yet another website where Flash is misused for a useless effect that’s there just for the effect, plus, for that reason there are most likely gonna be some serious accessibility (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_enhancement) issues.

So in a nutshell: Just don’t do it.

03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Couldn't agree more with what is posted above, but my client wants a noise when a particular image is clicked and that's all there is to it.

So anyone know how to make this happen? If it makes it any easier, the image will enlarge onto a new page where perhaps I could embed the sound (.fla file).

Any advice on how to do this gratefully received!