View Full Version : all i want

tim.duckitt
02-15-2008, 06:13 PM
is a nice little applet or something so two or more people viewing a certain page can press the spacebar and speak.. their voice coming out on to all viewers. like CB radio, i wish to configure 40 pages.

rmedek
02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Good luck with that!

YaymeQ
02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
look for teamspeak

outseeker
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Teamspeak is it's own server solution and all doesn't it? Can you embed it into html at all? I dunno if anyone has ever made one, but you would probably need a java applet of some description to initiate the recording of the voice on the users end, then it will probably need to temporarily store it somewhere on the server for someone else to be able to receive it via their java applet.

Hope that is of any use.. You need a java applet that can record from users microphone. If you get that happening, it's quite easy to make the playback initialise with a variety of methods on the other user's ends. Ask the java section perhaps?

YaymeQ
02-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Oh, I just thought he wanted to be able to talk to specific people over the internet, we use teamspeak for games so that we don't have to listen to the foul mouths of most online players. It has a password and admin abilities. But it doesn't record anything. Also it doesn't matter what you're doing when you use it. My dad's pretty computer illiterate so we use teamspeak to talk him through tech problems over the computer. It comes in handy.

tim.duckitt
02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
thanks for your kind responses, but i have seen this thing working some 8 or 9 yrs ago. it was java in page thing, possibly hot-linked in from somewhere else. had problems then because we we all on friaco deals on 56kmodems.

for the life of me i can't remember the name...

beauty of it was absolutely no downloading at all, just send text to friend saying "go to that web page" and it just worked straight away (unlike buddyphone if anyone remembers that early voyage into voip?)

outseeker
02-17-2008, 12:34 PM
ahh sorry champ, I've truly no idea. Never seen the setup you're looking for.. If you can remember the actual website that used to use the code in question, you can use http://www.archive.org/web/web.php to view the old version of their page, and find the name of the code, or if you're lucky the code and plugin itself if it happened to be cached. If you can come up with some more detail, we may be able to scavenge it up for ya m8.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum