View Full Version : Size problem when opening new windows

kelsogl
02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
I am using <a href="a url here" onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'name','500','680','yes');return false"> to invoke a new window. If after this window has been opened someone clicks on a different link that should open another new window of a different size (without first closing the 500x680), I want the second link to be displayed in a window of the different size. Currently the contents of the second link are displayed in the original 500x680 window. Automatically closing the first window before opening a second window of the new size may be desirable but just opening window of the new size would be a good thing.

jcdevelopment
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
let me see if i have this right, you want a link to appear in the first opened window (500 x 680? Then they click that link and the original window that was opened closes and the new window, of a different size opens? I think thats what you need!?!?

if that is what you need than try this

insert in the head of first page

<script type="text/javascript">
function showPop() {
var slide_window = window.open("firstwindow.html","first","height=680,width=500,yes");

}
</script>

then on the link

<a href="#" onclick="showPop();">Link here</a>

then for the second page(the one that first pops up, in the head again)

<script type="text/javascript">
function showPopHERE() {
var slide_window = window.open("secondwindow.html","second","height=600,width=300,yes");
var shutIt = window.close(this);

}
</script>

the link once again

<a href="#" onclick="showPopHERE();">link</a>

hopefully thats what you are looking for, if not sorry!!

Second, lakeside, texas... northwest of Ft.Worth??

kelsogl
02-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the fix. Yes, Lakeside is northwest of Fort Worth. If you enter my geodetic coordinates of N32&#176;49'15.25" W 97&#176;28'29.13" into the search maps window at http://maps.google.com/ you should get a little arrow drawn on my house. Isn't technology something.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum