View Full Version : Tips and Giudelines for SEO!

MAclyn
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi! I guess any in here knows about the tips and Guidelines for SEO?:)

Can you give some!!!!:p

Thanks

outseeker
02-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Repeat keywords on your page. If you want people that search for the word "Giudelines" for example (hehe I used your typo cuz it would be a less common word) to get your page, you need to have that word used often. If you count up occurences of every word on your page, the one that is used most often is your "#1 search word". So try to scructure your page so you don't use words people won't search you for too often.

Also there are some META values to add to the header of your page.

<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="keyword, keyword, whatever, theysearching4">
<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT="You can describe your page here, this is what is shown when you see Google search results, under the Title of the website. Site Description.">

So long as you have repeated your best keywords as often as possible, without making it look like a spam page just add those keywords to the META data and you should rank well. That is not 100&#37; of it of course, search engines use all sorts of tricks, as webmasters have been screwing them around for ages by using dodgy code to get users to fake pages combining keywords.. Never try to hide white text on a white background etc. as you may be blacklisted for dodgy practices.

There's somethin to start on champ! :)

abduraooft
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
SEO For Complete Beginners (http://www.adambunn.co.uk/seo-beginners.php) might be useful!

outseeker
02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
hehe a good point - I could have linked to heaps more data than I can type off the top of my head ;) Googling "SEO tools" will definately give you heeeaps to work with. If they want you to pay, don't bother. Plenty of good free code, link and keyword checkers out there.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum