View Full Version : Please Review Metacca.com Meta-Search Engine

metacca
02-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Metacca.com delivers the best search results from Yahoo, Google, AOL, Altavista, Alltheweb, Live, and over 75 other leading search engines in the categories of Web, Images, News, Shopping, Videos, and FTP.

Please provide your valuable feedback in the areas of website design, search features, engines covered, speed, bugs and anything that helps us to serve you better.

All feedback, comments, and/or suggestions are highly appreciated.

http://www.metacca.com

Regards,
Yasin Rahim

Crake
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
The look of the site is simple, although smart it could do with a bit more or maybe a little less :D very good site though (added to my faveroutes)

hope that helps :D :thumbsup:

twodayslate
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Looks like google.com
You need to stand out more and not just make another clone.

kosstr12
02-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Dude the idea is amazing, I like the colors, and i like how simple it is.

oesxyl
02-07-2008, 02:00 AM
Metacca.com delivers the best search results from Yahoo, Google, AOL, Altavista, Alltheweb, Live, and over 75 other leading search engines in the categories of Web, Images, News, Shopping, Videos, and FTP.
a meta-search just filter or not and reorder the search of other engine and I don't find one that can do it in such a way to consider it usefull.
- I don't thing that you and me have same criteria about what to reject or not from search
- I have no choice to decide what to reject and how to reorder the search results
Along with that, twodayslate say allready, looks like google.

I'm sorry but this is the case here, I hope it help.

best regards

metacca
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys. As you know, Metacca is still in Beta, and our developers are working hard to enhance the advanced search results, new filtering capabilities, and to provide ordered and precise search results. The look and feel can always be customized to stand out from the crowd. More inputs will be highly appreciated. :thumbsup:

~Yasin

Apostropartheid
02-07-2008, 10:10 PM
A footer'd be nice. It looks like there's supposed to be more to come. For completeness's sake...

And, yeah, what's with all these search engines? Aren't MSN and Live the same thing now? I haven't HEARD of most of these; why can't I get a way of stripping it out to only the core few I trust?

metacca
02-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Hi Cyanlight,

Thanks for your valuable comments. We will adding more content in the footer pages once the algorithm and testing is complete. We are adding new filtering features that will give results from individual engines. Overall, is there any area that needs more improvement? How do you like the results from each categories such as web, images, videos, FTP, etc.,?

Thanks,

Yasin

zoubeibei
03-09-2008, 03:32 AM
one word. cool.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum