View Full Version : Back to work

Excavator
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Some people may have noticed I have not been around much lately and I thought I should write a quick note of explanation here.
I'm kind of bummed about it but I got called to work and I make it a rule never to turn down money, so....

Usually my job is seasonal and I work from March to November or thereabouts. That 4 or 5 months off every year is nice!
This year we have winter work - installing a mile and a half of 48" water line in Anchorage, Alaska. Very good for my bank accounts but, sadly, no Costa Rica vacation this year :(
It looks like I'll probably be busy from now till late next fall.
Look for me to start lurking these forums again in late '08.

Thanks to all for everything I've learned here! I have never read a book or taken a class, everything I know about HTML/CSS has come from forums like this one - I've ended up spending more time here than any other forum because this one is by far the best :thumbsup:

Cya next time, Stewart

WA
01-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Some people may have noticed I have not been around much lately and I thought I should write a quick note of explanation here.
I'm kind of bummed about it but I got called to work and I make it a rule never to turn down money, so....

What, the money we offer around here isn't good enough for you? :D

bazz
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I reckon you're taking the term 'chilling out' a bit too literally. :D

bazz

abduraooft
01-30-2008, 10:37 AM
3) A member can only win once within a 1 year period.

It looks like I'll probably be busy from now till late next fall.
Look for me to start lurking these forums again in late '08.
Well planned ;)

liorean
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
What, the money we offer around here isn't good enough for you? :DWell, you still need to see over the offered dental plan, George. It's scaring people away!

Aradon
01-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Well, you still need to see over the offered dental plan, George. It's scaring people away!

We don't have a dental plan!? :mad:

liorean
01-30-2008, 11:11 PM
We don't have a dental plan!? :mad:You wish! Current plan, they're using these drills (http://sg01.atlascopco.com/SGSite/default_prod.asp?redirpage=products/product_group.asp&redirid=Hydraulic%20rock%20drills)...

WA
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
You wish! Current plan, they're using these drills (http://sg01.atlascopco.com/SGSite/default_prod.asp?redirpage=products/product_group.asp&redirid=Hydraulic%20rock%20drills)...

And administered by Spookster too. He volunteers each time for some reason...

Spookster
01-31-2008, 03:09 AM
And administered by Spookster too. He volunteers each time for some reason...

All I need are a pair of pliers and my handy dandy rechargeable drill. :thumbsup:

Roelf
01-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Let me get this straight. You work only 7 or 8 months a year and still earn enough money to go on a vacation to costa rica?
:eek::eek:

oracleguy
01-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Let me get this straight. You work only 7 or 8 months a year and still earn enough money to go on a vacation to costa rica?

Sounds like he is doing something right.

Spookster
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds like he is doing something right.

Or something very wrong. :D

VIPStephan
01-31-2008, 05:35 PM

Well… be separated from your family for 7-8 months a year and you know why you wanna get paid appropriately.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum